"Wake me when December ends"
Hello. This blog is coming to you from a very sad place. Mommy and Daddy are abandoning me for a three-week vacation in the tropics this year. Sniff. So my grandparents will be taking me to their winter cabin instead. I may catch some mice, but mostly I plan to warm my paws by the fire. I hope Mommy and Daddy provide special instructions on how I’m to be spoiled. Or maybe I’ll just write the letter myself.
Dear Grandma & Grandpa,
Sorry for selfishly abandoning the whole family this Christmas, not to mention the cat whom we love more than anything else in this world – with the exception of ourselves. Here’s some tips on how to take care of Ailo while we’re away.
- Give him treats. An obscene amount of treats.
- Let him destroy the Christmas tree – and then let him topple it on you while you’re napping.
- Forget the poinsettia, Ailo much prefers red roses. Apparently they taste divine.
- Leave all the gift wrap and ribbons on the floor so that he can play dress-up.
- Don’t bother washing up after Christmas dinner. He’s offered to do the dishes. (With his tongue.)
Send lots of pictures!!!
Oops. I mean:
Mommy and Daddy
"Ailo writing his Christmas wishlist"