Did you know that May is National Pet Month? What a great excuse to celebrate and appreciate your beloved four-legged friend! We are so thankful to have Momo in our lives - every single day she does something that makes us smile. Whether you have a cat, dog, horse, fish, bird or etcetera, take this chance to thank them for their unconditional love and all the happiness they bring into your life. Check out Purinas top ten ways to show your pets you love them them year round.
- Celebrate National Pet Month with a Mani-PETi! Make a day of it – pamper yourself with a pedicure while also treating your pal to a day of well-deserved grooming and nail clipping.
- Give your cats "me-ow time" by creating personal areas where they can retreat. Consider adding elevated perches, scratching posts, and cozy sleeping nooks to provide safe outlets for their natural behaviors.
- Reward good behavior. Whether human, feline or canine, we all like to be recognized for good behavior. Provide extra love and treats to each of your pets as a deserving reward and they will likely continue the good behavior.
- Have you ever given your pet a massage? Show your appreciation for your dog during National Pet Month with a healthy indulgence thats not only relaxing, but will strengthen the loving bond between you and your best bud.
- Planning to welcome a needy cat into your home during National Pet Month? WONDERFUL. Find adorable adoptable pets near you. Visit Purinas Search for Pets section to get started.
- Pets love presents too! Surprise your favorite furball with cool new stuff for feeding, playing and grooming.
- Schedule three or four, 5-10 minute play sessions with your pet throughout the day.
- Consider installing a bird feeder or an aquarium. Think of the hours of fun your kitties will have with either of these additions to your home.
- Give the gift of activity by building a dog run or mini obstacle course in your yard.
- Treat your pet to their favorite snack
Are you doing anything special to celebrate your pet this month? Wed love to hear about it! Leave us a comment below.