Valentine’s Day is just around the corner so it’s time to think about those who are special to us. But there are no rules to say that this celebration has to be about humans only. There is a simple reason for this: our animals give us unconditional love, and most prove to be the most loyal companions, making them important for events such as Valentine’s Day as well.
Pets keep us company when no-one else is around, and they help us maintain a positive mindset whether we are coupled up or not! These are just a couple of the many reasons why we should celebrate our four legged friends on this day.
Although it’s customary to send cards and gifts to your significant other, Cupid’s big day can also be a time to surprise your furry friend. There are many ways you can treat your pet, but a handmade gift is always more special and thoughtful.
This guide will show you how to make a cute Valentine’s Day no-sew collar with a bow for your pet.
What you’ll need:
- 6*10″ piece of fabric (min.) - adjust the length to your pet’s neck circumference
- Velcro tape
- Hot glue gun
- Cut two pieces of fabric of your choice. For the bow: 10cm*20cm. For the collar: 5cm*25cm - adjust the length to your pet.
- Fold the fabric for the bow in two and cut the 2 sides diagonally.
- Turn the fabric and fold it in half the other way around, with the right sides facing.Glue the edges together with the hot glue gun. Leave the end open so you can turn the fabric right side out.
- After the glue hardens, turn it right side out.
- Tuck in the ends of the remaining side and glue them together.
- Take the ends of the bow and fold one on top of the other in the middle.
- Flip the bow and pinch it together at the center. Secure it with a little piece of scrap fabric and glue.
- Take the fabric for the collar and glue the sides down.
- Place a piece of velcro tape on both ends and secure it with glue.
- Stick the bow in the middle of the collar with glue and you’re done!
Just follow the illustrations in the guide and enjoy the making of this cute personalized collar for your furry friend.
About the Author:
Timi Smith teamed up with Wire Fence to put together this guide for pet owners who want to show their love to their furry companions on Valentine’s Day as they are our best friends after all.