It can be tough to reluctantly spend hundreds of dollars on countless toys and miscellaneous treat items for your pets when your wallet may say otherwise. Here are some budget-friendly ways to treat your furry-friends without breaking the bank!
- Adventure outside: If you have a puppy with tons of energy, try taking them on short hikes near you or venture to your local dog park.
- Make their own cozy pad: Gather up a few cozy blankets and unused pillows to create your companion’s hangout spot in your home.
- Bake some home-made treats: Mixing a few simple ingredients like peanut butter, honey, and flour, cutting the dough into small pieces, and baking them can turn into delicious at-home treats.
- Find a friend for playtime dates: Know someone with a furry companion? Take your pet on joint playdates, this helps when training new pups with high energy levels and familiarizing them with other dogs. An instant new best friend!
- Make an at-home grooming station: Taking your pets to the local groomers can be a hefty monthly bill. Try looking into buying pet-friendly products to wash and groom your pet at home. This can be a taxing activity, especially if your pet is not super keen on getting wet in the tub, but will help you as an owner gain a bit of patience and one-on-one time with your special friend.
- Companion budget: Start saving a little cash every month for a new toy or special box of treats. Want a bit of cash right now? Apply for an installment loan to buy special treats right on the spot, and budget paying the loan back over time.
Looking for ideas that not only spoil your pet but help you as the owner? Check out these genuine gift ideas for when you want to treat yourself once in a while!