As pet parents, we all want to spoil our furry friends with the best of the best - be it the most nourishing foods, quality beds and of course enough toys to keep them from ever getting bored. However, this can quickly lead to your home getting messy and various accessories being scattered around the place. If you are a cat owner looking for an alternative to keep your favorite feline busy and comfortable without the compromise of your interior design, you have come to the right place - with the tutorial of this DIY multi-purpose cat bed you can easily create a stylish and comfortable place that will captivate even the pickiest of kittens.
Scratching, clawing, rubbing, napping - whatever your cat’s favorite hobby is, this bed will give them the opportunity to keep them intrigued and happy, even if your home hasn’t got the largest amount of spare space for kitten accessories.
One side of this box will double as a scratching post, satisfying the scratching needs of your cat (your furniture will thank you later), while another side has a brush attached to it for your feline to rub into and massage their heads with. All while providing a soft and warm sleeping spot - and which cat doesn’t love napping in boxes?
What you’ll need:
- 30x40x22cm wooden box
- 10m 6mm dia. natural sisal rope
- Soft shoe brush
- Acrylic paint of your choice
- Little painting brush
- Hot glue gun
- Pillow or Snuggle Bed
To make things easier you can download the guide and print it out so you can check it any time you need while you are getting all crafty.
- You can play with different paint colors and pillow patterns to match the style of your home!
- Use plenty of glue to ensure the rope will stick firmly to the box.
- If your cat is bigger, consider using a larger box so they can fit comfortably in it!
- Make sure that the paint is completely dry before introducing the bed to your cat, so that they don’t accidentally ingest it.
Timi Smith is a cat owner and some of her favorite things to do is DIY projects and spending time with her cat. This time she teamed up with Buy Rope to bring you this guide on how to make a multi-purpose cat bed for your feline friend. - Timi & Coconut