15 years ago, Betsy and Jared Saul came up with the idea to help homeless animals find their forever homes. Their idea to connect shelter animals with potential adopters became soon became Petfinder.com. While they thought it might not make a huge difference, they decided that if it helped save the life of one homeless pet per month, all the work would be worthwhile. Little did they know, 15 years later they would save the lives of over 17 million pets.
In honor of the websites 15th birthday today, Petfinder is asking people everywhere to pledge to spread the word online about adoptable pets today, March 15, 2011. Although the day is almost over, you can definitely still help!
What You Can Do Now
- Add a badge to your Web site to show your support.
- Take our pledge that you will tell one person about pet adoption. By pledging, youll enter for a chance to win one of 10 Pet Hair Eraser® Vacuums from BISSELL.
- Donate your Facebook status and photo to an adoptable Petfinder pet. Simply replace your photo with one from the Adopt-the-Internet All-Stars gallery and post one of these messages:
- More than 320,000 pets are waiting for homes on Petfinder.com. Help Petfinder Adopt the Internet today and find forever homes for as many as possible!
- I adopted my pet from Petfinder and now I want to help get this pet adopted! If you want to help pets in need of forever homes, please repost this!
- Add a link to your blog, Facebook or Twitter post to this page!
Did you find your furry best friend on Petfinder.com? Wed love to hear your story - leave us a comment!