Join the P.L.A.Y. Team!
As a young and growing company, P.L.A.Y. is on a mission to redefine the pet bed experience. We create products that are not only comfy for pets, but stylish for owners AND better for our planet.
We're a fun and P.L.A.Y.ful group, and we're currently looking for talented individuals to join our team. If you can balance a hard-working, entrepreneurial spirit in a fun and fast-paced environment, we'd love to hear from you! And since we're a pet lifestyle brand,"animal-lover" isn't a preference, it's a requirement!
For more information, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PR and Marketing Manager
P.L.A.Y. Pet Lifestyle And You is seeking a self-motivated and experienced Public Relations Specialist to join our team in San Francisco. The role will focus on developing strategic communications plans for new initiatives and product launches, social media management, event planning and marketing communications. As part of a young (and quickly growing) premium pet products company, the PR Specialist will play an integral role in building brand awareness for P.L.A.Y. The ideal candidate will have 2-3 years of experience, possess excellent media relations skills, be a creative thinker and have strong written and verbal communications skills. He/she will be comfortable balancing a hard-working, entrepreneurial spirit in a fun and fast-paced environment.
Responsibly include, but not limited to:
- Media Relations – draft and pitch newsworthy stories while actively building and maintaining key influencer relationships.
- Community Management – create editorial calendars and content for social media channels in addition to moderating comments and questions.
- Press Materials – draft and edit press releases, media alerts, fact sheets, etc.
- Content Creation – create content that effectively communicates P.L.A.Y.’s messaging and culture across a variety of channels (blog posts, newsletters, marketing communications).
- Event Planning - develop event strategy aimed at driving P.L.A.Y.’s consumer and B2B goals. Partner with team members to coordinate logistics, schedule press meetings, and plan promotion activities.
- Website Updates – draft and edit product and info pages, load content utilizing P.L.A.Y.’s CMS, partner with digital marketing agency for ongoing projects.
- Strategic Counsel – serve as PR consultant and trusted advisor to executive team.
The ideal candidate has:
- A collaborative working style; proven experience and track record of working effectively with all levels of executives and clients related to communications plans and activities.
- Experience developing key influencer relationships, proactively winning coverage.
- Excellent project and time management skills; ability to adapt and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge in creating and leading successful social media campaigns.
- Creative energy to drive outstanding results.
- A can-do attitude; constantly looking for ways to contribute and improve.