Tips for a Happy and Safe 4th of July from Momo & her Friends
Happy 4th of July, or is it? Firework shows may be lighting up the skies for all humans to see bringing smiles to your faces, but for all of us dogs out there we are not amused. I teamed up with my friends to bring you our top tips for keeping us safe today.
1. Keep us indoors during the fireworks. Normally we would protest (especially if you are leaving us), but today is the one day of the year that we are more than happy to stay in and celebrate our freedom.
Lucy from Brea, CA
2. Don't feed me from the table. I know I am cute and it's hard not to give me scraps, but I don't want to get sick! While treats are always welcome especially from Bocce's Bakery - I need to stay away from onions, coffee, avocado, grapes, raisins, salt and yeast dough to name a few.
Buddy from Newport Beach, CA
3. Take me on a walk...earlier in the day. I don't want to be out there doing my business with things that go boom so grab my biodegradable Earth Rated poop bags and let's hit the neighborhood. I am all dressed up and ready to mingle.
Toby from Bay Point, CA
4. Don't leave your alcoholic drinks unattended. I like to pawty just as much as you do, but those are poisonous to me. I'll take my water chilled in my bowl.
Spike from San Francisco, CA
5. I refuse to leave home without my collar and PetHub tags! If I get out tonight, I want to make sure I am coming home to my plush toy sets and comfy P.L.A.Y. bed. Make sure my microchip is up-to-date while you're at it.
Bailey from Campbell, CA
6. Be sure to set the mood. I know I put on a brave front, but flashy lights and big booms scare me. So close those blinds, tuck me in and make sure to put on some soft music to drown out those loud bangs.
Maggie May from Long Beach, CA
Do you have any tips for our humans to keep us safe? Please share!