Beast of the Bay Awards
Being from San Francisco, we were ecstatic when we learned that we were nominated for a “Beast of the Bay Award” by Bay Woof’s readers! In the last year, we’ve had some great accomplishments, but we’re pretty excited that our hometown is sending us some love!
Now through February 10th, please visit the ballot and vote for P.L.A.Y. as Best Online Dog Boutique (question 46). We’ve got some tough competition, but we’re thrilled to be nominated alongside other great Bay Area companies.
We’re also really happy that some of our personal favorites are being recognized for their pawesome work as well! Among them:
- Grouchy Puppy (Nominated for Best Dog Blog): With a motto like "Give Fearlessly. Influence Positively." - how could you not love this blog? Miss Cleo is the inspiration behind Grouchy Puppy, and we particularly love seeing pictures of her adventures out and about in the Bay Area.
- Jeffrey’s Natural Pet Food (Nominated for Best Locally Made Dog Stuff): We believe that our pets are family members that deserve only the best. Jeffrey prepares locally sourced, handmade, fresh, and organic pet foods five days a week. The food contains only the highest quality ingredients: raw, free range meats free from hormones and antibiotics, fresh organic vegetables, vitamins and minerals.
- AnnaBee’s (Nominated for Best Dog Yappy Hour and Best Dog Friendly Bakery): An homage to sweet AnnaBee, a Hurricane Katrina survivor with a wonderful yest for life, this adorable boutique and doggie cafe was opened and named in her memory. On the menu: chicken pot pie, duck pate brisee, braised lamb, peanut butter & banana waffles and blueberry & yogurt waffles (just to name a few)... and that's just for the pups!
- K-9 Scrub Club (Nominated for Best Online Dog Boutique and Best Fresh Water Bowl): This adorable new scrub club is not your average dog wash. With a state-of-the-art bathing facility, your pup will feel like royalty here. Not only will she leave looking like a million bucks, she'll be treated like it too! To top it off, there are tons of treats and goodies available too. Think social club meets spa meets local boutique - just add dogs.
- Wag hotels (Nominated for Best Doggie Daycare, Best Overnight Boarder, Best Adult Dog Play group, and Best Dog Yappy Hour): Many dog owners have the same dilemna, who is going to watch my dog when I go on vacation/have to work all day? Enter Wag Hotels. With a goal to provide our "best friend with the ultimate experience during his or her stay," they ensure peace of mind knowing that our pets are safe, healthy and above all - happy!
- Jesse Freidin (Nominated for Best Dog Photographer): Awarded the 2010 and 2011 Best Dog Photographer in the Bay Area for his fine-art pet portraiture, Jesse is dedicated to a return to realness, to craftsmanship, and to lifting up the household dog to its rightful place as contemporary muse.
- Go Lucky Paws (Nominated for Best Dog Sitter): Bill Brobst has cared for friends' pets throughout his life - he loved it so much that he decided to open his own pet care business! He says, "You can rest assured I will take caring for your pets very seriously. I will do what ever it takes to make sure your pet is happy and safe while in my care." What more could you ask for?
Really, all of the nominees are fabulous - and we wish everyone the best of luck! Please make sure to vote for your favorites!